2018 - Call for Papers and Important Dates
|Online abstract submission||30th Mar 2018|
|Closing of Abstract submission (Extended)||27th July 2018|
|Notification of acceptance||15th Aug 2018|
|Submission of manuscript||15th Sep 2018|
You are invited to submit an abstract, presenting new developments in the following categories:
Advanced Packaging: Advanced Flip-chip, 2.5D & 3D, PoP, embedded passives & actives on substrates, System in Packaging, embedded chip packaging technologies, Panel level packaging, RF, Microwave & Millimeter-wave, Power and Rugged Electronics Packaging etc.
TSV/Wafer Level Packaging: Wafer level packaging (Fan in/Fan out), embedded chip packaging, 2.5D/3D integration, TSV, Silicon & Glass interposer, RDL, bumping technologies, etc.
Interconnection Technologies: Au/Ag/Cu/Al Wire-bond / Wedge bond technology, Flip-chip & Cu pillar, solder alternatives (ICP, ACP, ACF, NCP, ICA), Cu to Cu, Wafer level bonding & die attachment (Pb-free) etc.
Emerging Technologies: Packaging technologies for MEMS, biomedical, optoelectronics, Internet of things, photo voltaic, printed electronics, wearable electronics, Photonics, LED, etc.
Materials and Processing: advanced materials such 3D materials, photoresist, polymer dielectrics, solder materials, die attach, underfill, Substrates, Lead-frames, PCB etc for advanced packaging, and assembly processes using advanced materials
Equipment and Process Development & Automation: processes development, equipment automation, process and equipment hardware improvements, data analytics, in-situ metrology.
Electrical Simulation & Characterization: Power plane modeling, signal integrity analysis by simulations and characterization. 2D/2.5D/3D package level high-speed signal design, characterization and test methodologies.
Mechanical Simulation & Characterization: Thermo-mechanical, moisture, fracture, fatigue, vibration, Shock and drop impact modeling, chip-package interaction, etc.
Thermal Characterization & Cooling Solutions: Thermal modeling and simulation, component, system and product level thermal management and characterization
Quality, Reliability & Failure Analysis: Component, board, system and product level reliability assessment, Interfacial adhesion, accelerated testing, failure characterization, etc.
Professional Development Courses
· Introduction to fan-out wafer-level packaging, Dr. Beth Keser – Intel Corporation.
· Understanding flip chip technology and its applications, Dr. Eric Perfecto – Globalfoundries.
· Advanced integrated circuit design for reliability, Dr. Richard Rao – Microsemi Corp, USA.
· Introduction to 3D interconnect and packaging technologies, Prof. Sarah Kim – Seoul National University of Science and Technology.
· And more
Special 20th Anniversary Program
Keynotes and Invited Presentations by experts:
· Ivor Barber, VP, AMD, USA.
· David McCann, VP, Globalfoundries, USA.
· Dr Avram Bar Cohen, Raytheon Corporation, USA.
· Dr. Stevan G Hunter, On Semiconductor, USA.
· Dr. Bill Chen, Fellow, ASE Group, USA.
· Prof. Robert Kao, National Taiwan University.
· Prof. Jeffrey Suhling, Auburn University, USA.
· Dr. Evelyn Napetschnig, Infineon Technologies.
· Mr. Sam Karikalan, Broadcom Inc., USA.
· Mr. Paul Werbaneth, Intevac.
And many more
Vibrant Venue – Resorts World Sentosa
World-class venue with attractions including Universal Studios, RWS Casino and theme parks.
· BoG Meeting
First time ever IEEE EPS Board Of Governors meeting held outside USA. Many packaging experts who are members of BoG will be participating in the conference program.
Conference Banquet in S.E.A. Aquarium
Fine dining at a stunning and memorable backdrop with marine animals sighted through a panoramic window to the ocean.
Partial List of Abstracts Received
1. Guided Interconnect – The Next-Generation Flex Circuits for High-Performance System Design, J. Kong et al, Intel Corporation.
2. Study of the die position accuracy in the fabrication process of a die first type FO-PLP, K. Nishido et al, Hitachi Chemical Co. Ltd., Japan.
3. Novel concept of an in-situ test system for the thermal-mechanical reliability evaluation of electronic joints. R. Metasch et al, Fraunhofer Institute, Germany.
4. High Frequency Power Integrity Design Sensitivity to Package Design Rules, S. Shekhar et al, Intel Corporation.
5. Within-die coplanarity improvement strategies for electro-plated Cu pillars, G. Graham et al, Lam Research, USA.
6. One Micron Damascene Redistribution for Fan-Out Wafer Level Packaging using a Photosensitive Dielectric Material, R Hsieh et al, Veeco, IMEC & JSR MICRO NV, Belgium.
7. Develop Smart Wire Bonding Processes for Smart Factories, I. Qin et al, Kulicke & Soffa Inc, USA.
8. Critical Factors impacting strength of UBM in smaller and denser bumps and methodologies for optimization, A Ramasamy et al, Xilinx Singapore, USA, Taiwan.
9. Innovative Packaging Solutions of 3D System in Package with Antenna Integration for IoT and 5G Application, M. Tsai, SPIL, Taiwan.
10. Effective Electromagnetic shielding method for A new fan-out package utilizing Cu Substrate, S. Kim et al, Hanyang University, South Korea.
11. Impact of lifetime and mechanical behaviors on TIM per-formance on high-end processor, R. Gamal et al, Xilinx USA.
12. Design and optimization of the 10Tbps optical transmission system, H. He et al, Institute of Microelectronics of Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
13. Analysis of Low Profile Ferrite Material Based Planar Shell Core Inductor, Z. Zeeshan et al, Infineon, Germany.
14. A New Failure Mechanism of Inter Layer Dielectric Crack, H. Liu et al, NXP, China.
15. Thermal Performance Characterization and Enhancement for High Power Package Development, B. S. Chen et al, Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc, Taiwan.
16. Temporary Bonding Material Study for Room Temperature Mechanical Debonding with eWLB Wafer Application, S. Masuda et al, FUJIFILM Corporation, Japan.
17. Ceramic Interposers for Ultra-High Density Packaging and 3D Circuit Integration, A Adibi et al, École de Technologie Supérieure, Canada.
18. High bonding strength of silver sintered joints on non-precious metal surfaces by pressure sintering under air atmosphere using micro-silver sinter paste”; L. M. Chew et al, Heraeus Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG, Germany.
19. Design Optimization of Through-Silicon Vias for Substrate-Integrated Waveguides embedded in High-Resistive Silicon Interposer, M Wietstruck et al, IHP, Germany and Sabanci University, Turkey.
20. Millimeter-Wave Antenna in Package (AiP) Using Unbalanced Substrate with and without Solder Mask, K. T. Chen et al, SPIL, Taiwan.
21. Highly Stretchable, Durable, and Printable Textile Conductor, W. J. Lee et al, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, South Korea.
22. Failure Analysis on Mobile Phone Batteries and Accessories, Z Jin, Osaka University, Japan, City University of Hong Kong.
23. Investigations of Silver Sintered Interconnections on 3-Dimensional Ceramics with Plasma Based Additive Copper Metallizations, A. Hensel et al, Friedrich-Alexander University, Erlangen,-Nürnberg, Germany.
24. Characterization of interfacial intermetallic compounds in gold wire bonding with copper pad, B. Wang et al, Huawei.
25. Investigation on solder void formation mechanism after high temperatures stress by 3D CT scan and EDX analysis, C. Y. Lai et al, Infineon, Malaysia.
26. Via Interconnections for Half-Inch Sized Package Fabricated by Minimal Fab, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan.
27. High Density Bumpless Interconnections Using Novel Wafer Bonding Approach For 3D IC Heterogeneous Integration Applications, K. Hemanth et al, IIT Hyderabad, India.
28. “3rd Level” Solder Joint Reliability Investigations for Transfer of Consumer Electronics in Automotive Use, R. Dudek et al, Fraunhofer ENAS, Germany.
29. Post processing of a SiN-based photonic stack above a CMOS imager sensor, N Pham et al, IMEC, Belgium.
30. Simulation And Electrical Characterization Of A Novel 2D-Printed Incontinence Sensor With Conductive Polymer PEDOT:PSS For Medical Applications, M. Baeuscher et al, Fraunhofer Institute for Reliability and Microintegration Berlin, Germany.
31. Challenges and Approaches of 2.5D high density Flip chip interconnect on through mold interposer, S. Lim et al, Institute of Microelectronics, Singapore.
32. Development of SiC Chip Based Power Package for High Power and High Performance Application, G.Y. Tang et al, Institute of Microelectronic, Singapore.
33. Laser Separation of Dissimilar Substrates Using Water Washable Materials , J Moore et al, Daetec LLC, USA.
34. Solder Mask Crack Investigation and Optimization for Larger FCBGA Package, V Lin et al, SPIL, Taiwan.
35. Wideband slot array antenna for 1 THz band imaging device, K Tsugami et al, Kyushu University, Japan.
36. Hybrid Cu-SiN and Cu-SiOx Direct Bonding of 200 MM CMOS Wafers With Five Metal Levels: Morphological, Electrical and Reliability Characterization, C Cavaco et al, IMEC, Belgium.
37. Pluggable Silicon Photonics MEMS Switch Package for Data Centre, H.Y. Hwang,Tyndall National Institute, Ireland.
38. Simulation Approach to Predict Warpage based on Resin Curing Behavior during Substrate Manufacturing Process, M Furuyama et al, Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd, Japan.
39. Si-based Hybrid Microfluidic Cooling for Server Processor of Data Centre Y. Han, Institute of Microelectronics, A*STAR, Singapore.
40. Low Transmission Loss Polyimides Substrates: A Novel Alternative to Liquid crystal polymers, T. Tasaki, ArakwaChemical Industries Ltd., Japan.